Who's the 3rd?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Who's the 3rd best QB

Joe Burrow
47%
Justin Herbert
11%
Lamar Jackson
33%
Kyler Murray
3%
Dak Prescott
No votes
Tua Tagovailoa
6%

Total votes: 36

MJW

Re: Who's the 3rd?

Post by MJW »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:29 pm

Something to consider.
That's legit amazing. I had no idea.

It's going to be really sad when he plays a 15 year HOF career for the Chargers and plays in like, 1 AFCCG.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

MJW wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:22 am

Something to consider.

It's going to be really sad when he plays a 15 year HOF career for the Chargers and plays in like, 1 AFCCG.
Phillip Rivers 2.0. Entertaining...but maybe not good enough to lead your team to a ring.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

acmillis wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:02 am

Phillip Rivers 2.0. Entertaining...but maybe not good enough to lead your team to a ring.
Yes, them not winning a ring is 100% Phillip Rivers' fault.

Bro you and LUGZ are the Skip and Shannon of bad QB takes.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

The Outsider wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:52 am
acmillis wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:02 am

So why didn't Rivers win one ring?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

acmillis wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:54 am
The Outsider wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:52 am

A combination of injuries to himself and other key players, playing in the same conference as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning who also had better coaching staffs and organizations around them. The defenses weren't great for most of his tenure. He never had amazing weapons at WR outside of Vincent Jackson and maybe an old-ass Keenan McCardell.

I think they would have beat the Pats in the 2007 AFC Championship game if Rivers wasn't playing the whole game on a torn ACL.
In 2008 when they lost to the Steelers, Rivers played very well, but their defense shit the bed and Tomlinson couldn't run the ball.

Post Tomlinson and Gates the Chargers were hot garbage that not a single QB in history could have succeeded with.

Super Bowl wins are not the end-all-be-all of evaluating QBs. Was Brad Johnson the best QB in the league in 2002? Was Trent Dilfer the best QB in the league in 1999? Was Nick Foles a better QB than Tom Brady in 2016? Are any of those guys better QBs than Phillip Rivers?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

The Outsider wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:23 am
acmillis wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:54 am

A combination of injuries to himself and other key players, playing in the same conference as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning who also had better coaching staffs and organizations around them. The defenses weren't great for most of his tenure. He never had amazing weapons at WR outside of Vincent Jackson and maybe an old-ass Keenan McCardell.

I think they would have beat the Pats in the 2007 AFC Championship game if Rivers wasn't playing the whole game on a torn ACL.
In 2008 when they lost to the Steelers, Rivers played very well, but their defense shit the bed and Tomlinson couldn't run the ball.

Post Tomlinson and Gates the Chargers were hot garbage that not a single QB in history could have succeeded with.

Super Bowl wins are not the end-all-be-all of evaluating QBs. Was Brad Johnson the best QB in the league in 2002? Was Trent Dilfer the best QB in the league in 1999? Was Nick Foles a better QB than Tom Brady in 2016? Are any of those guys better QBs than Phillip Rivers?
And my, "other bad qb takes?"
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

acmillis wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:43 am

My god, man. That wasn't enough and you want more? :lol:
Don't tread on me
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:08 pm

My god, man. That wasn't enough and you want more? :lol:
Pain is weakness leaving the body...maybe...i dunno.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

-You're an admitted Lamar Jackson hater and you don't think he's worth a contract extension.

- Tua, you think we should only pay attention to his rookie and 2nd year production(in which he improveed from year 1 to year 2 and was pretty good last year) and not his development in year 3 in which he was the #1 rated passer

-You've pretty much admitted you don't believe in QB development.

-Saying Justin Field is trash despite being extremely young and improving across the board in year 2.

-And saying Kyle Trask deserves to start

Do I need to continue?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:08 pm

-You're an admitted Lamar Jackson hater and you don't think he's worth a contract extension. I said I wouldn't pay him $50M....seems like the right call as of this posting.

- Tua, you think we should only pay attention to his rookie and 2nd year production(in which he improveed from year 1 to year 2 and was pretty good last year) and not his development in year 3 in which he was the #1 rated passer. Tua had a good half season stretch, then returned to who he is, medicore and injured. You're ignoring the norm, and advocating I only pay attention to the half season stretch.

-You've pretty much admitted you don't believe in QB development. Me: Give Trask a chance, we don't know what we have in him, he may develop"...Bootz: YoU DoNt BeLiEvE iN dEvElOpMeNt

-Saying Justin Field is trash despite being extremely young and improving across the board in year 2. He is trash, but I already said we'll se what happens in 2023.

-And saying Kyle Trask deserves to start. Yes, Trask deserves a chance to play. He may be the best ever, he may be the worst ever, but let him prove it.

Do I need to continue?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

*tgp* wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:24 am Brady catching all sorts of shit and some of it well deserved but it's not like Jackson is having a stellar season. Woof, that 4 quarter last week was brutal. But he's still 3rd and it's not even close IMHO.

Tua and Murray on this list is funny. Tua gets injured if a defender comes within 3 yards of the dude. But at least he seems like a good guy.

Murray? Petty little fuck who should have stuck with baseball as it's a much more individual sport and he's a selfish prick. Can't wait for the play where he's doing his video game bullshit, running 60 total yards behind the LOS, does one of those spin moves and gets murdered by a 320 lbs Dlineman.
Hi Pedro.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Welp, Tua may not even be in the league any more, let alone this conversation.

https://www.audacy.com/national/sports/ ... ext-season

By Tim Kelly, Audacy Sports
January 12, 20235:19 pm

As he remains in concussion protocol, Tua Tagovailoa will not suit up for what would have been the first playoff game of his career this Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

It's unclear whether the third-year quarterback would be able to return if the Miami Dolphins advance to the AFC Divisional Round, but given that the Bills are now 13-point favorites this weekend, it will likely be a moot point.

What happens from there is unclear. Presumably -- although nothing should be taken for granted with Stephen Ross as owner -- general manager Chris Grier and head coach Mike McDaniel will return after helping the Dolphins to reach the postseason for the first time since 2016.

But what about Tua?

This offseason, the Dolphins will have to decide whether to pick up the former No. 5 overall pick's fifth-year option. Not only does Mike Florio not think that will happen, but on Thursday's edition of "PFT Live" he took things about 10 steps further when discussing Tagovailoa's future:

"There's going to be a collective or coincidental decision made by all of the teams that we can't have this guy in the NFL anymore. Because when he plays, we have to hold our breath and sit on the edge of our seat that he's going to have a concussion, and that's gonna lead the morning shows on ABC, CBS and NBC the next day. We don't want that kind of attention on our sport, and we don't want parents out there fretting about not letting their kids play. And I think that's the real analysis, unspoken, by the team. They're not gonna come out and say this is why they did it, they're gonna say that this is in the best interests of Tua. I think they are thinking in their own best interests.

"That's why I think -- we've kind of worked this through -- I don't think he's gonna be on the Dolphins next year, and I think there's a good chance he's not gonna be on any team next year."

Whether you're a card-carrying member of "Tuanon" or think he's more like a middle-of-the-pack quarterback, most would agree that Tagovailoa played well enough in 2022 to return as Miami's starter next season. In parts of 13 games, Tagovailoa tossed 25 touchdowns to eight interceptions, racking up 3,548 passing yards as he quickly grasped McDaniels' offensive system and built great chemistry with both Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle.

The problem is, Tagovailoa has had at least two documented concussions this season, and many believe that the real number is actually three. There is a public relations element to this that Florio touched on. There's also the fact that the Dolphins have a good enough roster to make a deep playoff run with the right quarterback. Perhaps a healthy Tagovailoa is the right quarterback, but if you can't bank on him staying healthy -- and he has a lengthy injury history that dates back to his college career at Alabama -- the Dolphins may choose to pivot this offseason to another quarterback. Tom Brady and Derek Carr are among the accomplished veterans who could be available this offseason.

Tagovailoa does have one final guaranteed year in his rookie contract in 2023, and perhaps the Dolphins will formulate a plan that attempts to keep the lefty healthier next season. But one would think they'll at least consider alternatives, and it would be naive to think that the elements Florio mentioned couldn't play a factor.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Oh, also, Tuanon is fucking brilliant.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:25 am Welp, Tua may not even be in the league any more, let alone this conversation.

By Tim Kelly, Audacy Sports
January 12, 20235:19 pm

As he remains in concussion protocol, Tua Tagovailoa will not suit up for what would have been the first playoff game of his career this Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

It's unclear whether the third-year quarterback would be able to return if the Miami Dolphins advance to the AFC Divisional Round, but given that the Bills are now 13-point favorites this weekend, it will likely be a moot point.

What happens from there is unclear. Presumably -- although nothing should be taken for granted with Stephen Ross as owner -- general manager Chris Grier and head coach Mike McDaniel will return after helping the Dolphins to reach the postseason for the first time since 2016.

But what about Tua?

This offseason, the Dolphins will have to decide whether to pick up the former No. 5 overall pick's fifth-year option. Not only does Mike Florio not think that will happen, but on Thursday's edition of "PFT Live" he took things about 10 steps further when discussing Tagovailoa's future:

"There's going to be a collective or coincidental decision made by all of the teams that we can't have this guy in the NFL anymore. Because when he plays, we have to hold our breath and sit on the edge of our seat that he's going to have a concussion, and that's gonna lead the morning shows on ABC, CBS and NBC the next day. We don't want that kind of attention on our sport, and we don't want parents out there fretting about not letting their kids play. And I think that's the real analysis, unspoken, by the team. They're not gonna come out and say this is why they did it, they're gonna say that this is in the best interests of Tua. I think they are thinking in their own best interests.

"That's why I think -- we've kind of worked this through -- I don't think he's gonna be on the Dolphins next year, and I think there's a good chance he's not gonna be on any team next year."

Whether you're a card-carrying member of "Tuanon" or think he's more like a middle-of-the-pack quarterback, most would agree that Tagovailoa played well enough in 2022 to return as Miami's starter next season. In parts of 13 games, Tagovailoa tossed 25 touchdowns to eight interceptions, racking up 3,548 passing yards as he quickly grasped McDaniels' offensive system and built great chemistry with both Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle.

The problem is, Tagovailoa has had at least two documented concussions this season, and many believe that the real number is actually three. There is a public relations element to this that Florio touched on. There's also the fact that the Dolphins have a good enough roster to make a deep playoff run with the right quarterback. Perhaps a healthy Tagovailoa is the right quarterback, but if you can't bank on him staying healthy -- and he has a lengthy injury history that dates back to his college career at Alabama -- the Dolphins may choose to pivot this offseason to another quarterback. Tom Brady and Derek Carr are among the accomplished veterans who could be available this offseason.

Tagovailoa does have one final guaranteed year in his rookie contract in 2023, and perhaps the Dolphins will formulate a plan that attempts to keep the lefty healthier next season. But one would think they'll at least consider alternatives, and it would be naive to think that the elements Florio mentioned couldn't play a factor.
I pointed that out at the beginning... TBI does not heal.

It looks like I hit on a lot of my predictions this year.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Tua needs to retire. Medical settlement/whatever.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:06 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:25 am Welp, Tua may not even be in the league any more, let alone this conversation.

I pointed that out at the beginning... TBI does not heal.

It looks like I hit on a lot of my predictions this year.
Weird to flex about something like that
Snake

Post by Snake »

How quickly things change
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Most hated man in America.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Burrow.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

real bucs fan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:28 am Burrow.
At this point Allen has regressed. In fact when you compare his 2020 season to the other 4, 2020 starts to look like an outlier. Allen has essentially been a rich man's Jameis Winston otherwise. He can move the ball. Make incredible throws. But man he will make some backbreaking and head scratching mistakes and turnovers. Maybe not at the same clip as Winston does but critical nonetheless.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Bootz wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:37 am
At this point Allen has regressed. In fact when you compare his 2020 season to the other 4, 2020 starts to look like an outlier. Allen has essentially been a rich man's Jameis Winston otherwise. He can move the ball. Make incredible throws. But man he will make some backbreaking and head scratching mistakes and turnovers. Maybe not at the same clip as Winston does but critical nonetheless.
He does play hero ball in the clutch. Burrow by contrast is way cooler in similar situations.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

1.Patrick Mahomes
2.Joe Burrow

Who’s the 3rd?!

Josh Allen…

4th. Jalen Hurts
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Ya I’d probably take Burrow over Allen. Allen did have some elbow issues last year so that could have played a part, but no doubt his decision making regressed. Still the best “two way” QB in the league though.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Phantom wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:01 pm 1.Patrick Mahomes
2.Joe Burrow

Who’s the 3rd?!

Josh Allen…

4th. Jalen Hurts
I think, given the choice, I would take Hurts over Allen right now

But that's just me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:38 pm
Phantom wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:01 pm 1.Patrick Mahomes
2.Joe Burrow

Who’s the 3rd?!

Josh Allen…

4th. Jalen Hurts
I think, given the choice, I would take Hurts over Allen right now

But that's just me

Yeah you’re right… Hurts>Allen.. for now
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Something to consider.

Just like Phillip Rivers… his squad should have won at least two Super Bowl
MJW

Post by MJW »

_MB_ wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:00 pm

He does play hero ball in the clutch. Burrow by contrast is way cooler in similar situations.
Burrow reminds me a TON of Joe Montana. Neither pass rush nor big moments alter his level of play. I don't know if we'll ever see another Mahomes, but I'm even less certain we'll see another Burrow. I'm going to enjoy witnessing his career.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Snake

Post by Snake »

Snake wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:44 pm How quickly things change
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

3 losses the Chiefs underestimated: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Orlando Brown, Eric Bienemy.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Funny thing.
I kind of employ the ‘Who has torched the Full strength 49ers Team?’ threshold…..
Lamar Jackson
Joe Burrow

and……..still waiting for the 3rd.
(At last count)
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

In addition …
Jalen Hurts and the Iggles beat a 1 armed Brock Purdy in the NFC playoffs, but were most recently Pasted at home by those same 49’ers…..and is currently in a funk and needs to right the ship BADLY….

So the 3rd has yet to reveal who he is.
But he’s a long way off from 1 and 2.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Baker Mayfield

Right Doc?!
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Only if you can be third and first at the same time.