Todd Bowles is an Interim Head Coach and should be treated as such

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BucsNBills

Todd Bowles is an Interim Head Coach and should be treated as such

Post by BucsNBills »

There's functionally nothing separating Todd Bowles and Steve Wilkes. Both had the current HC leave the team, forcing a rapid replacement because a proper coaching search could not be conducted. But of course Steve Wilkes will not be retained as the Panthers HC yet Bowles is being treated like he is a 1st year HC that actually earned his current position. In fact Bowles was handed the keys to the castle by Arians own scheme to force the Bucs into hiring his guy and to ensure his guys didn't lose their jobs, as if that's his place to decide. Everything about that transition of power was dirty as fuck.

I can't think of a single example of an interim HC keeping their job. Rich Bisaccia didn't get to keep his job despite the fact he inherited an absolute DUMPSTER fire with both the Gruden situation and Ruggs murdering someone, and he had the Raiders fighting and clawing their way to a WC berth while giving the AFC representatives all they could handle.

What has Bowles accomplished as an interim HC? He finished below .500 and got absolutely embarrassed on the most watched playoff game(on a Disney network) in NFL history. We regressed in almost every way possible.

So why does Bowles deserve to stay? What has he done to earn an unquestioned shot at being the HC in 2023?

Bowles is nothing more than a poorly performing interim coach that was imposed on the organization through scheming and we need to clean house like any other team that was forced to promote any other interim HC.
King Bootz

Re: Todd Bowles is an Interim Head Coach and should be treated as such

Post by King Bootz »

How many damn "I hate Todd Bowles" threads do we need?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I don't think using examples of times teams SHOULD HAVE kept the interim but did not is quite the argument you think it is
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

It may be the plan to keep Bowles around for one more season so the Bucs can divest themselves of overpaid, low producing players. The Bucs need to draft a solid core of players and save on the future salary cap. Then, once that core of drafted players is together, then sign some free agents. Trying to kick the salary cap can down the road will only inhibit the Bucs chance of getting back to the playoffs for years.
MJW

Post by MJW »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:28 pm It may be the plan to keep Bowles around for one more season so the Bucs can divest themselves of overpaid, low producing players. The Bucs need to draft a solid core of players and save on the future salary cap. Then, once that core of drafted players is together, then sign some free agents. Trying to kick the salary cap can down the road will only inhibit the Bucs chance of getting back to the playoffs for years.
Arians, Bowles, and probably Licht know they need to exceed expectations to keep their jobs in 2024.

Ain't nobody building nothing. That's why we should have cleaned house. Nobody gives a shit about giving the next coaching staff a loaded deck.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

So he's an interim coach who we are keeping... and we move on
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm How many damn "I hate Todd Bowles" threads do we need?
Oh, i'm sure a few more will pop up... It's like spam, or the tabloids.

"You can get rid of Todd Bowles using just ONE easy trick!"

"Meet Bootz and Todd's love child!"

I dunno... But a few more are coming.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Imagine if we had moderators to remove extraneous, borderline spam from the forum since it makes the place look like a clown show.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:33 pm Imagine if we had moderators to remove extraneous, borderline spam from the forum since it makes the place look like a clown show.
Some truth in that... But then you have posters filling tomes with "Why was my post removed?"

Granted, lines of communication need to improve a bit, but if a post was removed, I'm sure there was a damn good reason why.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Moozician wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:38 pm
The Outsider wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:33 pm Imagine if we had moderators to remove extraneous, borderline spam from the forum since it makes the place look like a clown show.
Some truth in that... But then you have posters filling tomes with "Why was my post removed?"

Granted, lines of communication need to improve a bit, but if a post was removed, I'm sure there was a damn good reason why.
Can I be a mod?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I’m admittedly curious as to what he said that would provoke it being removed. I suggested he just post it again, if it were that serious.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:39 pm

Can I be a mod?
Can I be a mod too?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

That's the kind of shit you don't dignify with a response.

There's an obvious difference between, say, a humorous shitpost thread and someone making their nth thread about a topic that already has several existing threads. They should have posted in one of the existing threads. Period.

The fact that this even needs to be explained is stunning to me.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:43 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:39 pm

Can I be a mod?
Can I be a mod too?
Bootz being a mod would be like Hannibal Lecter being a well respected chef
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

BucsNBills wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:21 pm There's functionally nothing separating Todd Bowles and Steve Wilkes. Both had the current HC leave the team, forcing a rapid replacement because a proper coaching search could not be conducted. But of course Steve Wilkes will not be retained as the Panthers HC yet Bowles is being treated like he is a 1st year HC that actually earned his current position. In fact Bowles was handed the keys to the castle by Arians own scheme to force the Bucs into hiring his guy and to ensure his guys didn't lose their jobs, as if that's his place to decide. Everything about that transition of power was dirty as fuck.

I can't think of a single example of an interim HC keeping their job. Rich Bisaccia didn't get to keep his job despite the fact he inherited an absolute DUMPSTER fire with both the Gruden situation and Ruggs murdering someone, and he had the Raiders fighting and clawing their way to a WC berth while giving the AFC representatives all they could handle.

What has Bowles accomplished as an interim HC? He finished below .500 and got absolutely embarrassed on the most watched playoff game(on a Disney network) in NFL history. We regressed in almost every way possible.

So why does Bowles deserve to stay? What has he done to earn an unquestioned shot at being the HC in 2023?

Bowles is nothing more than a poorly performing interim coach that was imposed on the organization through scheming and we need to clean house like any other team that was forced to promote any other interim HC.
You ignored the biggest difference between Bowles & Wilkes. Bowles was handed a 5-year contract to take over for BA. Wilkes is an interim HC and can be let go without consequence should the team so desire.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:10 am
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:43 pm

Can I be a mod too?
Bootz being a mod would be like Hannibal Lecter being a well respected chef
acmillis wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:51 pm Your MO is a shit stirring hype man, always has been
You just can't help yourself.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

You just @'ed like 5 posters in another thread, mentioning them just so you could stir the pot. This is who you are. We know, you know it, this community has accepted it, for better or worse.

Sometime it bes that way, papi.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:55 am
BucsNBills wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:21 pm There's functionally nothing separating Todd Bowles and Steve Wilkes. Both had the current HC leave the team, forcing a rapid replacement because a proper coaching search could not be conducted. But of course Steve Wilkes will not be retained as the Panthers HC yet Bowles is being treated like he is a 1st year HC that actually earned his current position. In fact Bowles was handed the keys to the castle by Arians own scheme to force the Bucs into hiring his guy and to ensure his guys didn't lose their jobs, as if that's his place to decide. Everything about that transition of power was dirty as fuck.

You ignored the biggest difference between Bowles & Wilkes. Bowles was handed a 5-year contract to take over for BA. Wilkes is an interim HC and can be let go without consequence should the team so desire.
So did Hackett. At least the Broncos realized their mistake and made moves to fix the issue rather than continuing to compound the problem by falling to sunk cost fallacy.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:17 am You just @'ed like 5 posters in another thread, mentioning them just so you could stir the pot. This is who you are. We know, you know it, this community has accepted it, for better or worse.

Pot meet kettle. You constantly follow me around stirring up shit. Admit it, you have a problem. You can't stay away from me. 1st step is admitting your problem. Them we can get you help to solve this issue.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:21 am
acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:17 am You just @'ed like 5 posters in another thread, mentioning them just so you could stir the pot. This is who you are. We know, you know it, this community has accepted it, for better or worse.

Pot meet kettle. You constantly follow me around stirring up shit. Admit it, you have a problem. You can't stay away from me. 1st step is admitting your problem. Them we can get you help to solve this issue.
Saying this is like saying Americans cannot stay away from sugar or transfat...you're fucking everywhere like an outbreak of syphilis in the Villages.
nybf

Post by nybf »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:08 pm Every. Fucking. Thread.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:24 am
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:21 am

Saying this is like saying Americans cannot stay away from sugar or transfat...you're fucking everywhere like an outbreak of syphilis in the Villages.
No need to over exaggerate. Plenty of people have no problem bypassing Bootz. But you can't. Just admit it.

Nope, nevermind. I'll do it. I'll just put you on igg. Feel free to follow me around like a sad lost puppy, kiddo b/c I won't see it anymore.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:34 am
acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:24 am
No need to over exaggerate. Plenty of people have no problem bypassing Bootz. But you can't. Just admit it.

Nope, nevermind. I'll do it. I'll just put you on igg. Feel free to follow me around like a sad lost puppy, kiddo b/c I won't see it anymore.
Thank you, I appreciate the actions you take after saying you'll actually do something. This is a new, positive step for you!
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm How many damn "I hate Todd Bowles" threads do we need?
I think people are hoping the Glazers scan this board and get the message.

But Bowles does have to go. Only an absolute moron would still want him here.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Navybuc wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:28 am
I would not be surprised if any of our extremely smrt board members truly thought this.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

nybf wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:02 am
Navybuc wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:28 am
I would not be surprised if any of our extremely smrt board members truly thought this.
Who was it that posted that picture of Gruden looking at his computer showing a shopped image of the TBBBBB screenshot? Good times.
Push the damned button already!