Michigan and Harbaugh Under NCAA Investigation

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
GoldenBudda

Michigan and Harbaugh Under NCAA Investigation

Post by GoldenBudda »

Looks like Jim Harbaugh will be returning to the NFL soon, as the NCAA has reportedly uncovered multiple tier 1 violations, such as purchasing a cheeseburger and waffle fries for recruits, and the damning act of contacting recruits during the pandemic non-contact period.

I'm sure the timing isn't right, as the Glazers are likely to keep Todd Bowles on as head coach for 2023.

Jim Harbaugh would be the no.1 head coach on my list. Back up the Brinks truck and get him in here !!!!
Phantom

Re: Michigan and Harbaugh Under NCAA Investigation

Post by Phantom »

I would love to have Harbaugh in Tampa but it’s not going to happen.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Harbaugh would be incredible but the Glazers don't care about the Bucs so they're not going to pay for two head coaches for a franchise they barely even know they own.

Plus I'm not sure why Harbaugh would want to come to Tampa in the first place. The roster has nothing to offer him.

But hell, I'd love it if we made a power move like this and actually tried to win instead of honoring the previous HC succession plans when they involv incompetent crony hires that do nothing but satisfy his The Blindside movie itch.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Sadly, Bowles will not be fired. There is pressure from the NFL to keep or hire POC for HC and GM positions. The NFL had to deal with the debacle after Miami fired POC HC in an attempt to hire Payton and Brady. There was also a memo put out by the NFL a couple of months ago addressing the issue of over 800 million teams have paid for fired team HC's and GM's. Lovie Smith will be retained in Houston. Presently the only HC openings that exist in the NFL is in Denver and Indianapolis. Carolina is another team that may be in need of a new HC.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

GreatTimes wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:14 am Sadly, Bowles will not be fired. There is pressure from the NFL to keep or hire POC for HC and GM positions. The NFL had to deal with the debacle after Miami fired POC HC in an attempt to hire Payton and Brady. There was also a memo put out by the NFL a couple of months ago addressing the issue of over 800 million teams have paid for fired team HC's and GM's. Lovie Smith will be retained in Houston. Presently the only HC openings that exist in the NFL is in Denver and Indianapolis. Carolina is another team that may be in need of a new HC.
Are you saying forced diversity doesn’t lead to the best people in the best positions?
nybf

Post by nybf »

You know what would be great?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Harbaugh's mortal sin is rumored to be purchasing hamburgers for two recruits on his own dime, then not fessing up to it later.

What a non-story. If a pair of free burgers and unflattering khakis are his worst qualities, then I see no reason why Michigan should force him out.

If he stays, that would be great. If he leaves, I wish him luck. I'm hoping for the former.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Lying to investigators is far worse than buying the burgers.

Though tbh, if I were a powerful program, I’d be telling the NCAA is kick rocks anymore. Make them prove they can do shit in the Wild West that is CFB these days.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Can the NCAA even do anything anymore?
Kress

Post by Kress »

Cheb wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:48 am Harbaugh's mortal sin is rumored to be purchasing hamburgers for two recruits on his own dime, then not fessing up to it later.

What a non-story. If a pair of free burgers and unflattering khakis are his worst qualities, then I see no reason why Michigan should force him out.

If he stays, that would be great. If he leaves, I wish him luck. I'm hoping for the former.

With NIL, colleges literally spend millions on a right guard. Now we're going to murder this guy for hamburgers?

Wait.... did someone say waffle fries? Okay. Drawn, quartered, tarred, feathered, I don't care. No punishment is too great.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

If this situation proves they can’t do anything then it will openly become the Wild West
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Kress wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:54 pm
Cheb wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:48 am Harbaugh's mortal sin is rumored to be purchasing hamburgers for two recruits on his own dime, then not fessing up to it later.

With NIL, colleges literally spend millions on a right guard. Now we're going to murder this guy for hamburgers?

Wait.... did someone say waffle fries? Okay. Drawn, quartered, tarred, feathered, I don't care. No punishment is too great.
Waffle fries are God’s fries.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:55 pm
Kress wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:54 pm

Waffle fries are God’s fries.

Well, damn. Now we have to fight.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Much like MB and poutine, I think you're losing this one.
Kress

Post by Kress »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:19 pm Much like MB and poutine, I think you're losing this one.
If that sumbitch tries to put gravy and cheese on a waffle fry, I will start destroying things. Lots of things. Pretty much all of the things.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

According to the matriarch on Duck Dynasty, squirrel brains are delicious.
Push the damned button already!
Kress

Post by Kress »

IronDog wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:32 pm According to the matriarch on Duck Dynasty, squirrel brains are delicious.
GoldenBudda

Post by GoldenBudda »

BucsNBills wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:03 am Harbaugh would be incredible but the Glazers don't care about the Bucs so they're not going to pay for two head coaches for a franchise they barely even know they own.

Plus I'm not sure why Harbaugh would want to come to Tampa in the first place. The roster has nothing to offer him.

But hell, I'd love it if we made a power move like this and actually tried to win instead of honoring the previous HC succession plans when they involv incompetent crony hires that do nothing but satisfy his The Blindside movie itch.
This would be a Malcolm Glazer move a la swinging for the fences and acquiring Gruden. It seems when old pops had control it was easier to make a decision, whereas now there isn't a sole decision maker.

Harbaugh being a Michigan guy wouldn't want to coach the all-time greatest wolverine? There would have to be some intrigue on his part with this roster, but the cap situation may be a problem.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:45 pm Lying to investigators is far worse than buying the burgers.

Though tbh, if I were a powerful program, I’d be telling the NCAA is kick rocks anymore. Make them prove they can do shit in the Wild West that is CFB these days.
If you play along with the NCAA's Inquisitions, you'll almost always get a slap on the wrist. If you lie to them and tell them to go fuck themselves, they'll train all their weaponry on you.

While I give credit to Harbaugh for calling a farce a farce, I then take that credit away because he's going to waltz out of there and it'll be the program, the kids, and the fans who have to suffer the consequences, while he's making $10 mil a year as a conquering hero in the NFL.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

Sdbucs wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:24 am
GreatTimes wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:14 am Sadly, Bowles will not be fired. There is pressure from the NFL to keep or hire POC for HC and GM positions. The NFL had to deal with the debacle after Miami fired POC HC in an attempt to hire Payton and Brady. There was also a memo put out by the NFL a couple of months ago addressing the issue of over 800 million teams have paid for fired team HC's and GM's. Lovie Smith will be retained in Houston. Presently the only HC openings that exist in the NFL is in Denver and Indianapolis. Carolina is another team that may be in need of a new HC.
Are you saying forced diversity doesn’t lead to the best people in the best positions?
Just look at this Buccaneers coaching staff. It's the most diverse in the history of American Pro Sports, and maybe you didn't notice but we kicked ass to the tune of 8-9 or 9-8 with a 12 win roster.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Kress wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:43 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:19 pm Much like MB and poutine, I think you're losing this one.
If that sumbitch tries to put gravy and cheese on a waffle fry, I will start destroying things. Lots of things. Pretty much all of the things.
Just now reading this.

Is that all I really gotta do?
Kress

Post by Kress »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:16 pm
Kress wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:43 pm

Just now reading this.

Is that all I really gotta do?
It's a boundary line. Mess with poutine, and it's war. I will cut a bitch type of war.