Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official 2023 Off Season Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official 2023 Off Season Thread

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:56 am
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:01 am Sitting here...Minding my own business....And people wanna poke the tiger then get mad when the tiger bites back. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I wish I wasn't such a triggering force for this place. Maybe then people would leave me the hell alone.
You're one of those hairless cats from Mexico at best.
And yet people are still obsessed :roll:
Snake

Post by Snake »

Tomlin went 9-8 with a far worse team.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:39 am Tomlin went 9-8 with a far worse team.
Tomlin also beat us with a "far worse team"
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

I know people are going to wax on about their specific off-season strategies, including myself, but I'm hoping that whatever direction Licht goes, he leans heavy into the decision.

So, if we decide to do a rebuild, then fine, go all the way with it. Anyone not named Wirfs(and maybe Winfield) I'm picking up the phone for if anyone is interested. Etc Etc.

But if we decide to truly restock and make another run and build off of what we have, then once again, LEAN into it. if Brady retires, we get about a $20 mil cap relief that will bring us down to 'only' being $30mil otc, which with a couple cuts and cap manipulation, I was able to get us up to over $60million in cap space for 2023 while still leaving us with over $50 million in cap space in 2024, which of course can also further be manipulated.

If Licht can't use the draft and $60 mil in cap space to get this team to a good and competitive level in 2023, then why are we even entertaining the idea of keeping him?

And if you don't want to kick the can, then fine, but please don't just default to "we're in cap hell" or Armageddon will occur if we break out the credit card, because if you took the time to work with the numbers on OTC, you'd clearly see that there isn't some massive cap disaster looming down the road.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

BucsNBills wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:44 pm I know people are going to wax on about their specific off-season strategies, including myself, but I'm hoping that whatever direction Licht goes, he leans heavy into the decision.

So, if we decide to do a rebuild, then fine, go all the way with it. Anyone not named Wirfs(and maybe Winfield) I'm picking up the phone for if anyone is interested. Etc Etc.

But if we decide to truly restock and make another run and build off of what we have, then once again, LEAN into it. if Brady retires, we get about a $20 mil cap relief that will bring us down to 'only' being $30mil otc, which with a couple cuts and cap manipulation, I was able to get us up to over $60million in cap space for 2023 while still leaving us with over $50 million in cap space in 2024, which of course can also further be manipulated.

If Licht can't use the draft and $60 mil in cap space to get this team to a good and competitive level in 2023, then why are we even entertaining the idea of keeping him?

And if you don't want to kick the can, then fine, but please don't just default to "we're in cap hell" or Armageddon will occur if we break out the credit card, because if you took the time to work with the numbers on OTC, you'd clearly see that there isn't some massive cap disaster looming down the road.
How does Brady retiring save them money if he is a UFA this season?
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

13F11B wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:53 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:44 pm I know people are going to wax on about their specific off-season strategies, including myself, but I'm hoping that whatever direction Licht goes, he leans heavy into the decision.

How does Brady retiring save them money if he is a UFA this season?
Just the way the cap numbers work. If he signs with us or retires, we don't get hit with his $35 mil cap hit in 2023. If he signs elsewhere, we do.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:11 am
Cheb wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:53 am

Oh my God that would be amazing.

Good for you Byron. Get you that promotion.
You know, we laugh. But who's to say he wouldn't make a good HC? Just because he sucked as an OC does not mean he couldn't excel in the HC role if given the chance.
He could be a great HC, but at this point there is dwindling evidence to support that he is even a good OC. Generally speaking I don’t support promoting someone who completely failed in the last job they held.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:01 am Sitting here...Minding my own business....And people wanna poke the tiger then get mad when the tiger bites back. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I wish I wasn't such a triggering force for this place. Maybe then people would leave me the hell alone.
Done
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:16 pm
Somebody tracked penalties that directly took points off the board and Smith led there as well.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:32 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:16 pm
Somebody tracked penalties that directly took points off the board and Smith led there as well.
He's simply not good. He's had a long career here. Credit to him for staying healthy, making a ton of money, winning a ring. But we've got to finally upgrade from Donovan Smith.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:34 pm
Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:32 pm

He's simply not good. He's had a long career here. Credit to him for staying healthy, making a ton of money, winning a ring. But we've got to finally upgrade from Donovan Smith.
I kept hearing that some massive off field tragedy was impacting this play, but at the end of the day all we can go on is his play on the field. Idk if OBP will take that into consideration, but I hope we move on regardless
Snake

Post by Snake »

It’s hard to respect a player who spends the first 1/3 of the season playing himself into shape. Naturally talented guy. That only gets you so far. Especially as you get older.

He was always more interested in his off the field ventures than being a true professional. Still made himself a shit load of money.good for him. But very few players can neglect proper training and preparation and maintain performance into their 30s. he turns 30 in six months.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:36 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:34 pm

I kept hearing that some massive off field tragedy was impacting this play, but at the end of the day all we can go on is his play on the field. Idk if OBP will take that into consideration, but I hope we move on regardless
If true, my heart goes out to him. But even still, it's no excuse. It's nothing personal but he's been a liability and a major reason why this offense has failed. It's also a sad fact that he's been the best LT on this team.

We obviously had a rookie LT at 1 point 8 years ago. Having another there won't be the end of the world.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:39 pm It’s hard to respect a player who spends the first 1/3 of the season playing himself into shape. Naturally talented guy. That only gets you so far. Especially as you get older.

He was always more interested in his off the field ventures than being a true professional. Still made himself a shit load of money.good for him. But very few players can neglect proper training and preparation and maintain performance into their 30s. he turns 30 in six months.
Agreed here. I'm not sure he ever truly played himself into shape quite honestly. He never came off as a guy who loved the game. IMO he was what people wanted to make Gerald McCoy out to be. Fun loving, happy go lucky, class clown type. Gerald brought it on game days and was a game changer at times.

On side note, a player born in the 90s that'll be 30? Weird how math works, right @nybf
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Easy enough to do... But you don't have the discipline to NOT be argumentative.

People aren't always going to agree with you. Often they do. But when they don't, you get what we have here. A mad angry tiger.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Moozician wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:14 pm

People aren't always going to agree with you. Often they do. But when they don't, you get what we have here. A mad angry tiger.
You don't get to get upset about the response. Leave the tiger the fuck alone.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:18 pm
Moozician wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:14 pm

I'm not "getting" to do anything. And there is absolutely ZERO anger in my post. Just an observation, from someone that's been around for a few days.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I think the bigger issue is the generalized potshots at the community. The passive aggressive shots at Bucs fans or IABL. We are here to speculate. that’s the fun. When people are torn apart for speculation, or pointed out as wrong in a nasty way. It seems counterproductive.

*news tweet about a coach staying in Michigan*

“oh, somebody forgot to tell people around here that…. I thought he was a liar!”

Like, really?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Moozician wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:23 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:18 pm

I'm not "getting" to do anything. And there is absolutely ZERO anger in my post. Just an observation, from someone that's been around for a few days.
Wasn't necessarily directed at you. Just in general.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:25 pm I think the bigger issue is the generalized potshots at the community. The passive aggressive shots at Bucs fans or IABL. We are here to speculate. that’s the fun. When people are torn apart for speculation, or pointed out as wrong in a nasty way. It seems counterproductive.

“oh, somebody forgot to tell people around here that…. I thought he was a liar!”

Like, really?
I completely agree!

But this is rich coming from you. When it's directed towards me, you like the comments because as you made clear..
Snake wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:25 pm I just upvote all the drama. Nothing more than that!

Now that seems counterproductive. Like, really?
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:27 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:25 pm I think the bigger issue is the generalized potshots at the community. The passive aggressive shots at Bucs fans or IABL. We are here to speculate. that’s the fun. When people are torn apart for speculation, or pointed out as wrong in a nasty way. It seems counterproductive.

Like, really?
I completely agree!

But this is rich coming from you. When it's directed towards me, you like the comments because as you made clear, you just like the drama.

Do I like people giving you shit back? Sure. I think it can be done in the confines of reason. But when it dominates every thread? It’s horrible.

Your MO is clear after what is probably 200k posts across 5 or whatever communities.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:28 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:27 pm

I completely agree!

But this is rich coming from you. When it's directed towards me, you like the comments because as you made clear, you just like the drama.

Do I like people giving you shit back? Sure. I think it can be done in the confines of reason. But when it dominates every thread? It’s horrible.

Your MO is clear after what is probably 200k posts across 5 or whatever communities.
I have no MO but by all means keep speculating....
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:47 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:28 pm

Your MO is a shit stirring hype man, always has been
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

acmillis wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:51 pm

Can I have an MO?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Liar...As you stir more in this pot without your name on it
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:53 pm

Liar
Be everything they say you are and then double down.

You'll have em eating out of your hand.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:53 pm

Can I have an MO?
Sister kissing, “the man” hating, number crunching, Terry sharing bumpkin work?

ILY
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:55 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:53 pm

Liar

Oh we're way past that, MB.

Started with a simple reply to @Buc2. @MJW stuck her nose in, made a slick ass remark to my reply. @BucsNBills then replied to her saying this what I do. @The Outsider got involved. Then @Moozician opened it back up. Convo between he and I turned into one that somehow included @Snake and @acmillis of course. Credit @Selmon Rules for following orders. Now low-key you're involved too but I'll leave that alone.

They've not only been eating out of my hand. They've been making the food.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

acmillis wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:56 pm
_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:53 pm
Can I have an MO?
Sister kissing, “the man” hating, number crunching, Terry sharing bumpkin work?

ILY
I taught her how to french kiss.

She's married on the other side of the country so my wife has to do the family lap dances now.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:00 pm
_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:55 pm

Started with a simple reply to @Buc2. @MJW stuck her nose in, made a slick ass remark to my reply. @BucsNBills then replied to her saying this what I do. @The Outsider got involved. Then @Moozician opened it back up. Convo between he and I turned into one that somehow included @Snake and @acmillis of course. Credit @Selmon Rules for following orders. Now low-key you're involved too but I'll leave that alone.

It's all right. I'm taking over the thread because "Bootz" is my least favorite topic around here.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Has 50% more posts than the 2nd most prolific poster. Acts surprised when his antagonism becomes a common discussion point.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:04 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:00 pm

It's all right. I'm taking over the thread because "Bootz" is my least favorite topic around here.
Thank God it is! Should be everyone's least favorite topic.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Like, really?
Honor his request and just quit replying.... I'm done reading the garbage

It's one thing to disagree but nobody should go out of his way to be an asshole about it....

Won't be reading or (obviously) replying anymore
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:07 pm Has 50% more posts than the 2nd most prolific poster. Acts surprised when his antagonism becomes a common discussion point.
It's shit like this that shows your obsession. Who the hell keeps track of how many posts someone has?!