NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
MJW

Re: NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:36 pm At best Wilks goes 6-6. How does that make him deserving of anything?
Wilks - Gets thrown into the job as the interim with the season already falling apart for the last place Panthers. Goes 6-6 even though the team trades away it's best player (McCaffrey) and one of it's other best players (Anderson.) Has to start 3 different quarterbacks. Has the team playing for the division title in Week 17.

Bowles - Groomed for the job for 3 years before being handed the reigns early in the offseason. Has the greatest quarterback in the history of the game take every snap. 12 of 17 opponents are .500 or worse. Has the exact same win percentage as Wilks.

Bootz - 'The second guy deserves praise, the first guy does not.'
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:21 am
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:36 pm At best Wilks goes 6-6. How does that make him deserving of anything?
Wilks - Gets thrown into the job as the interim with the season already falling apart for the last place Panthers. Goes 6-6 even though the team trades away it's best player (McCaffrey) and one of it's other best players (Anderson.) Has to start 3 different quarterbacks. Has the team playing for the division title in Week 17.

Bowles - Groomed for the job for 3 years before being handed the reigns early in the offseason. Has the greatest quarterback in the history of the game take every snap. 12 of 17 opponents are .500 or worse. Has the exact same win percentage as Wilks.

Second guy has a chance to win a championship, the 1st guy doesn’t. But thank you for reminding me about what really matters in the NFL: Moral victories :roll:
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:32 am
MJW wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:21 am

Second guy has a chance to win a championship, the 1st guy doesn’t. But thank you for reminding me about what really matters in the NFL: Moral victories :roll:
One guy has coached more games than the other. They've both won the same % of their "actual" victories. By your logic here, Jeff Fisher is a better coach than Joe Gibbs. He won more games, right?
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:08 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:13 am Bootz, just stay quiet for a few weeks and let everything go back to NORMAL.
2 questions.

1. In reference to what?

2. Around here, what is considered NORMAL?

Bootz this place is like the movie Drumline - they sit in their cars up on the hill and they flash their lights if they approve of you.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:03 pm Anyways, why is Harbaugh being mealymouthed? He’s still continuing to say there’s a chance he won’t be coaching there. The only way that changes is if a scandal occurs…or he takes another job.
Ahem.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/01/05/m ... ected-soon

Less than a week after being upset in the College Football Playoff semifinal, Michigan has more bad news incoming.

Multiple sources told Sports Illustrated that Michigan football is under an NCAA investigation and that charges are expected soon. One of the potential rules violations includes a Level I violation on coach Jim Harbaugh after he allegedly didn’t cooperate with investigators, per Yahoo! Sports’s Dan Wetzel.
Remember that Carroll ditched usc as sanctions came down.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:02 am
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:03 pm Anyways, why is Harbaugh being mealymouthed? He’s still continuing to say there’s a chance he won’t be coaching there. The only way that changes is if a scandal occurs…or he takes another job.
Ahem.

Less than a week after being upset in the College Football Playoff semifinal, Michigan has more bad news incoming.

Multiple sources told Sports Illustrated that Michigan football is under an NCAA investigation and that charges are expected soon. One of the potential rules violations includes a Level I violation on coach Jim Harbaugh after he allegedly didn’t cooperate with investigators, per Yahoo! Sports’s Dan Wetzel.
Immediately, instantly what I thought of. Pete Carroll had seemingly no interest in leaving LA for the NFL...until the sanction rumors started. Then he gave the NCAA the finger as he waltzed onto Paul Allen's private plane.

The good news for NFL fans, I guess, is that Harbaugh is a HELL of a coach, better suited for the NFL than college IMHO, and the league is better when the coaches are better.

Gotta think Indy is the frontrunner. The first link, obviously, is that he's still a cult figure there (I still remember Dennis Gibson knocking down Harbaugh's pass in the end zone to send the Chargers to the 49ers' sacrificial altar.) Indy fans LOVED Harbaugh. So, it would be a home-run hire with the fanbase, which I think Irsay needs and wants.

Then it comes down to, would Harbaugh wants the Colts? I think so. He has midwestern ties, obviously, so the weather/market won't bother him. It's a good situation. They'll have a juicy pick. They're projected to be Top Ten in available cap room this offseason. They literally play in a division about to be won by a sub-.500 team. There are a few really good young players in place. Arguably, it's a better roster than the one he took over in San Fran (and went to the SB with shortly thereafter.)

Denver can offer more money than God, so if that's his main focus, good enough. But it's an awful situation. Arizona isn't known for bidding wars, and they're already going to be paying Kingsbury until like 2057 or something. I can't imagine him wanting to deal with the ownership mess in DC.

Dark Horse - Carolina. Another super-rich owner. Extra capital from the McCaffrey deal. Some good young talent, especially on defense.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:11 am
King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:32 am

One guy has coached more games than the other. They've both won the same % of their "actual" victories. By your logic here, Jeff Fisher is a better coach than Joe Gibbs. He won more games, right?
Bowles has a .410 winning % as a HC. Wanna know what Wilks’ is? .296.

Again, moral victories. You can keep your strawman here.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:40 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:08 am

2 questions.

1. In reference to what?

2. Around here, what is considered NORMAL?

Bootz this place is like the movie Drumline - they sit in their cars up on the hill and they flash their lights if they approve of you.
Unlike Drumline, the “they” is far from established. No one here is that important.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

key part...."No one..."
Push the damned button already!
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:02 am
Ahem.

Credit where it’s due. You called that.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Snake wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:02 am The Level I violation is on Harbaugh for "providing false or misleading information" to investigators.
That can't be right. Harbaugh doesn't lie.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:47 am
mdb1958 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:40 am

Unlike Drumline, the “they” is far from established. No one here is that important.

Yeah right - imaginary power - Legends! Dudes have spent over half their life in this protected internet control.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

IronDog wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:43 am key part...."No one..."

Exactly "the group"

Crazy! The amount of hate from me recognizing this. LOL I'm told they're good people. Glad I won't be the one deciding that in the long run.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

You can't sit with us.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Seat's taken
nybf

Post by nybf »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:26 pm I'm told they're good people.
No one told you I'm a good person
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

_MB_ wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:23 pmSeat's taken

Hey good on you - I never guessed air blower, was a mod over there. However it does bring clarity on why everything is on shaky ground now.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:46 am
MJW wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:11 am

Are we going by Winning %? I'll play.

George Seifert must be a better coach than Bill Walsh.
Mike Martz must be a better coach than Tom Landry.
Mike McCarthy must be a better coach Mike Holmgren.
Wade Phillips must be a better coach than Marv Levy.
Jason Garrett must be a better coach than Jimmy Johnson.
Mike Fucking Smith - Yes, That One - must be a better coach than Bill Parcells.

Want to move the goalposts again or we good?
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:15 am
King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:46 am

Are we going by Winning %? I'll play.

George Seifert must be a better coach than Bill Walsh.
Mike Martz must be a better coach than Tom Landry.
Mike McCarthy must be a better coach Mike Holmgren.
Wade Phillips must be a better coach than Marv Levy.
Jason Garrett must be a better coach than Jimmy Johnson.
Mike Fucking Smith - Yes, That One - must be a better coach than Bill Parcells.

Want to move the goalposts again or we good?
You're bringing up every Tom, Dick and Harry you can think of to "try" and prove a point and You're asking me about moving goal posts?

#TheIrony
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Meanwhile over in politics winds are gusting at 20 knots.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Snake

Post by Snake »

I don’t love coaches bailing when the bad years hit. Payton lasted a whole year after Brees left. Oof.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Nano wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:39 pm
Wait....I seem to remember someone bringing this up for discussion....
King Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:19 pm The Patriots might fire Bill Belichick. Sean McVay might be fired too. @Crocaneers add those to the list since the only qualifier is someone has to say it.

Oh yea. But Croc was on his "fuck you" tour on the way out of the community and refused to make it part of the discussion.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:41 pm I don’t love coaches bailing when the bad years hit. Payton lasted a whole year after Brees left. Oof.
Why not? Teams and fans sure don't mind ousting a coach after a bad year hits...
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:03 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:19 pm The Patriots might fire Bill Belichick. Sean McVay might be fired too. @Crocaneers add those to the list since the only qualifier is someone has to say it.

Oh yea. But Croc was on his "fuck you" tour on the way out of the community and refused to make it part of the discussion.
It takes a real piece of shit to disrespect Croc.

I hope you stub your fucking toe.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

You clearly didn’t read the article. Nowhere does it say he might be fired… at all…. But keep trying to toot your own horn.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

@Rocker

Croc and I are even, kiddo.
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:04 pm
Snake wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:41 pm I don’t love coaches bailing when the bad years hit. Payton lasted a whole year after Brees left. Oof.
Why not? Teams and fans sure don't mind ousting a coach after a bad year hits...
The fans are irrelevant.

Re: the team. The team cashes them out when they’re fired.

It just feels anti-competitive. For a coach in his prime to walk away because the salary cap got a little stiff and the team is facing injuries. I don’t know. it doesn’t sit well.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Rocker wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:29 pm

And you people let him stick around. So don't forget who enables it.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:05 pm
Rocker wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:29 pm

And you people let him stick around. So don't forget who enables it.
@Buc2 Looks like you have some competition for your job this year.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:30 pm @Rocker

Croc and I are even, kiddo.
You’re fucking clueless.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Quit being a dick, Bootz.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Bootz is the living embodiment of, "You meet an asshole in the morning, you met an asshole. You then meet an asshole in the afternoon, maybe you met two assholes. Then you meet an asshole in the evening, guess who the actual asshole is?"
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

Anyway, back on topic - I think Vrabel's seat is warming up quickly. It's fair to say the roster isn't great, but it's also fair to say the division was theirs to win and they didn't.
Let's roll another joint
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

MJW wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:46 am Anyway, back on topic - I think Vrabel's seat is warming up quickly. It's fair to say the roster isn't great, but it's also fair to say the division was theirs to win and they didn't.
The Titans have 23 players on injured reserve at the moment, and had a total of 33 players on IR for the season. Both of those numbers led the NFL. Put another way, 50.11% of their total cap spending ended the year on the trainer's table.

I'd give Vrabel a break in such circumstances.