Jenna Laine, You're a Worthless, Vainglorious, Empathy Lacking Twatwaffle

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
The Outsider

Jenna Laine, You're a Worthless, Vainglorious, Empathy Lacking Twatwaffle

Post by The Outsider »

Seriously, shame on the media for the way they went after Bernard for the fake punt miscue. Particularly Jenna Laine, that self-important bitch. And fuck Todd Bowles for being a coward and putting the blame on Gio, this is far more cut and dry than Arians putting INTs on Brady, Gio had no idea that ball was coming to him, all you have to do is watch the tape. This is a RB who is renowned for his pass catching ability and quickness and you're telling me he doesn't have the ability to react to and catch a snap he knows is coming?

I'd call them a bunch of clowns but I feel that's an insult to the profession.
McFan

Re: Jenna Laine, You're a Worthless, Vainglorious, Empathy Lacking Twatwaffle

Post by McFan »

But other than that, I take it you're not a fan of hers..
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Yes. That's kind of the issue.

Gio, who is honestly battling for playing time as is, had his head in the clouds and was the only one to not pick up that this wasn't just a routine punt. It resulted in an ugly fumble in what was suppose to be the spark that kicks off the stomp on the throat drive.

Why does it deserve to be called out less than a Brady INT?
Snake

Re: Jenna Laine, You're a Worthless, Self-Serving, Empathy Lacking Twatwaffle

Post by Snake »

Watch the video. Watch the incredulity on Gio’s face. Listen to the tone of their voices.

This is a 10 year vet who they clearly don’t respect because his perceived role. They would never talk to Tom Brady this way.

We talk a lot of shit on here. But I think that we ultimately respect these guys for how hard they work and know that 99.9% of them wouldn’t sabotage the team for no reason. Some of these reporters think they’re bigger than the game.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Apparently the other version to this story was Gio knew it was coming, knew the play but the snap came quicker than he had anticipated or expected.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Doctor wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:01 am Yes. That's kind of the issue.

Gio, who is honestly battling for playing time as is, had his head in the clouds and was the only one to not pick up that this wasn't just a routine punt. It resulted in an ugly fumble in what was suppose to be the spark that kicks off the stomp on the throat drive.

Why does it deserve to be called out less than a Brady INT?
Gio had no idea the play was a fake punt, the guy has been around the league for years and is known as being extremely professional and your assumption is that he has his head in the clouds? My brother in Christ, use logic, the most likely scenario is that the play wasn't communicated effectively and that's on the coaching staff.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:02 am Watch the video. Watch the incredulity on Gio’s face. Listen to the tone of their voices.

This is a 10 year vet who they clearly don’t respect because his perceived role. They would never talk to Tom Brady this way.

We talk a lot of shit on here. But I think that we ultimately respect these guys for how hard they work and know that 99.9% of them wouldn’t sabotage the team for no reason. Some of these reporters think they’re bigger than the game.
Jenna Laine, technically, is bigger than the game as her vagina is in actuality a super-massive black hole.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Central_Buc wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:09 am Apparently the other version to this story was Gio knew it was coming, knew the play but the snap came quicker than he had anticipated or expected.
I don't buy that, I've played, I've been on the receiving end of passes or snaps that I wasn't expecting at all. That's what that looks like. If it's quicker than he expected, but he still expected it he almost definitely would have at least been able to field the snap, even if awkwardly.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I saw it. I saw nothing wrong.

Gio tries to blow off the media who wants to ask him about one of the biggest moments of the game saying "y'all didn't want to talk to me all season."
They come back with "you've been hurt all year. don't come at us like we've been ignoring you when you haven't done anything. now you were involved in a big play and we wanna know what happen".

Credit to Gio for stepping up and taking it on the chin. As he should.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

If 10 of 11 guys know what the playcall is, the 11th guy should know as well. That's on him.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:02 am Watch the video. Watch the incredulity on Gio’s face. Listen to the tone of their voices.

They're human fucking beings. I'm as much of an asshole as anyone, but even I don't believe in kicking a guy when he's down which is what it amounts to.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:19 am If 10 of 11 guys know what the playcall is, the 11th guy should know as well. That's on him.
How do we know 10 of 11 guys knew the playcall? Was each and every one tracked down and asked?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:19 am If 10 of 11 guys know what the playcall is, the 11th guy should know as well. That's on him.
100% this. Nobody did anything wrong in these exchanges.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:14 am

Jenna Laine, technically, is bigger than the game as her vagina is in actuality a super-massive black hole.
Or many cobwebs cause it's so dry up there.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:21 am
How do we know 10 of 11 guys knew the playcall? Was each and every one tracked down and asked?
The long snapper clearly knew. The other 6 players in formation knew, otherwise they wouldn't have run blocked. Even Camarda's reaction would indicate he knew. Gunners werent in the frame so who knows there.

There's only 1 guy apparently who didn't know and that was Gio. That is on HIM.
Snake

Post by Snake »

It just seems like there’s no empathy on the part of the reporters.

They approach Gio, Gio says “ohhh, noooow you want to talk to me huh.” The guy who probably feels somehow responsible for this boondoggle of a game. They immediately jump down his throat.

“you haven’t done shit all year! Why would we talk to YOU!”

“you’re always hurt!”

What’s the correct way to go about it?

“yeah man, I’m really sorry. Do you wanna make any sort of statement? You know we have to ask. And just remember we can’t really talk to players when they’re injured and we know you’ve been rehabbing. God bless.”
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:27 am
The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:21 am

The long snapper clearly knew. The other 6 players in formation knew, otherwise they wouldn't have run blocked. Even Camarda's reaction would indicate he knew. Gunners werent in the frame so who knows there.

I still don't believe this is a Gio issue, lack of communication is procedural which in a business, IMO, is always down to management (in this case coaching). However, even if that were the case it doesn't detract from the fact that the way the reporters came at him after the game was fucked up. He was obviously very upset, not in a place to give a good answer. They were looking for a soundbite to boost their careers, that's it. No consideration for the man they're questioning. As if this is investigative journalism or a fucking prosecution.

If someone came in to my place of work and spoke to me the way they did I'd kindly tell them to get the fuck out.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:27 am It just seems like there’s no empathy on the part of the reporters.

They approach Gio, Gio says “ohhh, noooow you want to talk to me huh.” The guy who probably feels somehow responsible for this boondoggle of a game. They immediately jump down his throat.

“you’re always hurt!”

“yeah man, I’m really sorry. Do you wanna make any sort of statement? You know we have to ask. And just remember we can’t really talk to players when they’re injured and we know you’ve been rehabbing. God bless.”

This is what I'm saying without all of the profanities and ad hominem attacks.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Of course NOW they want to talk to you. You were actually involved with something on the field for once.

HE starts off with the stand off attitude. And understandably so, he's reasonably still sour over it. They call him on it, and it rightly corrects. He knows what they are saying it right. He man's up and does his media responsibility.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:31 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:27 am

I still don't believe this is a Gio issue, lack of communication is procedural which in a business, IMO, is always down to management (in this case coaching). However, even if that were the case it doesn't detract from the fact that the way the reporters came at him after the game was fucked up. He was obviously very upset, not in a place to give a good answer. They were looking for a soundbite to boost their careers, that's it. No consideration for the man they're questioning. As if this is investigative journalism or a fucking prosecution.

If someone came in to my place of work and spoke to me the way they did I'd kindly tell them to get the fuck out.
Your position is one that would never hold an employee accountable for mistakes they made. Again, everyone else knew what their job was. Even Tony Romo & Jim Nantz commented that he would've had an easy 1st down but seemed like the only person who didn't know the assignment. 1 out of 11 don't know, that's the fault of the 1. Not the coaches. You're making excuses for him.

But the media stuffing separate and they were absolutely pathetic in their treatment.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Snake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:27 am It just seems like there’s no empathy on the part of the reporters.

“you’re always hurt!”

This has been reporters' modus operandi for a few years now, and not just sports reporters. All of em. Attack first and worry about the fallout later.
Don't tread on me
Snake

Post by Snake »

These reporters have been around pro athletes long enough to understand what makes them tick. To understand that failure and letting your team down is akin to letting family down. If a guy is embarrassed in front of millions of people and simultaneously letting his family down, you should probably anticipate a little bit of nastiness when you approach him immediately afterwards. They know this. They cannot plead ignorance.

their behavior towards him is just pure entitlement and believing they have more power in the situation than he does. A 3rd string RB probably in his last season.

The outcry about this from athletes across all sports (including stars like Kevin Durant) tells you this isn’t acceptable reporter behavior. She was just dumb enough to film it and put it on the Internet. What a self-own.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Again, Gio threw the first punch here.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Snake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:39 am These reporters have been around pro athletes long enough to understand what makes them tick. To understand that failure and letting your team down is akin to letting family down. If a guy is embarrassed in front of millions of people and simultaneously letting his family down, you should probably anticipate a little bit of nastiness when you approach him immediately afterwards. They know this. They cannot plead ignorance.

their behavior towards him is just pure entitlement and believing they have more power in the situation than he does. A 3rd string RB probably in his last season.

The outcry about this from athletes across all sports (including stars like Kevin Durant) tells you this isn’t acceptable reporter behavior. She was just dumb enough to film it and put it on the Internet. What a self-own.
I get that. But that's the way they operate now. That's all I'm saying. I'm not, by any means, excusing the behavior. They do it at all levels of interview reporting. Be it politics, sports, or whatever.
Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:36 am
The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:31 am

Your position is one that would never hold an employee accountable for mistakes they made. Again, everyone else knew what their job was. Even Tony Romo & Jim Nantz commented that he would've had an easy 1st down but seemed like the only person who didn't know the assignment. 1 out of 11 don't know, that's the fault of the 1. Not the coaches. You're making excuses for him.

But the media stuffing separate and they were absolutely pathetic in their treatment.
That's patently untrue. If I'm a VP and an employee below one of my managers is consistently making a mistake the first thing I'm looking at is how the manager is handling their communication and training of the employee. If they're doing their job then I can be sure it's an issue with the hypothetical employee.

Our management, even up to the CEO are not doing their jobs, therefore it's virtually impossible to determine with certainty who's fault any given failure is. However, given the repeated deficiencies at the management positions the safe bet is that poor management is leading to issues with employee execution.

You don't know what you're talking about.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

The only Buccaneer that has been horrible with the press this year is Leftwhich, who acts like he is how dare thou!

The press hates Leftwhich likewise.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Doctor wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:41 am Again, Gio threw the first punch here.
And? The journalists are so fragile that that comment hurt their feelings so much they felt the need to abandon their professionalism? Come on, be a fucking adult.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:43 am
Snake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:39 am These reporters have been around pro athletes long enough to understand what makes them tick. To understand that failure and letting your team down is akin to letting family down. If a guy is embarrassed in front of millions of people and simultaneously letting his family down, you should probably anticipate a little bit of nastiness when you approach him immediately afterwards. They know this. They cannot plead ignorance.

I get that. But that's the way they operate now. That's all I'm saying. I'm not, by any means, excusing the behavior. They do it at all levels of interview reporting. Be it politics, sports, or whatever.
I hear you, and you’re right. A lot of them are acting this way. They get 30,000 Twitter followers, ESPN in front of their name, and suddenly they are the stars. The way they see it, they’re going to become institutions. They will be here until old age. These players come and go.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:43 am

That's patently untrue. If I'm a VP and an employee below one of my managers is consistently making a mistake the first thing I'm looking at is how the manager is handling their communication and training of the employee. If they're doing their job then I can be sure it's an issue with the hypothetical employee.

Our management, even up to the CEO are not doing their jobs, therefore it's virtually impossible to determine with certainty who's fault any given failure is. However, given the repeated deficiencies at the management positions the safe bet is that poor management is leading to issues with employee execution.

Building on this, people like to act like sports teams are this unique entity with unique mechanisms and inner workings and politics, etc. They couldn't be more wrong.

A football team is like any close-knit human group, strong leadership, man management (knowing how to handle different people and personalities), and communication are they keys to success. We're clearly lacking in all three of those things right now.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:44 am
Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:43 am

I hear you, and you’re right. A lot of them are acting this way. They get 30,000 Twitter followers, ESPN in front of their name, and suddenly they are the stars. The way they see it, they’re going to become institutions. They will be here until old age. These players come and go.
I've taken my rancor directly to Jenna Laine's twitter thread, bitch is out here acting like she's Leslie Stahl.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:44 am
Doctor wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:41 am Again, Gio threw the first punch here.
And? The journalists are so fragile that that comment hurt their feelings so much they felt the need to abandon their professionalism? Come on, be a fucking adult.
Why doesn't this go for the player?
Oh wait, it does.... and Gio knows it does... which is why Gio corrected himself when called out.

Also, saying "hey, you can't come at us for not talking to you all year when you haven't done anything and been hurt" is haaaaardly the egregious "lack of professionalism" you are making it out to be.

There was nothing really wrong with that exchange at all, and the bits that were fall on Gio.
Snake

Post by Snake »

In functional companies and organizations, managers are actually expected to manage. At some point the Bill Lumbergh stereotype became people’s expectation.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Doctor wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:50 am
The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:44 am

Why doesn't this go for the player?
Oh wait, it does.... and Gio knows it does... which is why Gio corrected himself when called out.

Also, saying "hey, you can't come at us for not talking to you all year when you haven't done anything and been hurt" is haaaaardly the egregious "lack of professionalism" you are making it out to be.

There was nothing really wrong with that exchange at all, and the bits that were fall on Gio.
Because the player was already in a situation that put him in a place where he's prone to lash out. It's called empathy, most human beings are seriously lacking in it and I see I'm speaking to one of them.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

That's patently untrue. If I'm a VP and an employee below one of my managers is consistently making a mistakethe first thing I'm looking at is how the manager is handling their communication and training of the employee. If they're doing their job then I can be sure it's an issue with the hypothetical employee.

You really just told on yourself here.

"Consistently" making a mistake? When was the last time Gio had a botched fake punt? This isn't a consistent issue. Every other ST play went off fine with no communication issue. This was quite literally the only instance of an issue and it wasn't wide spread. It was 1 player. And this wasn't a repeated issue either.

You have no clue what you're even arguing to begin with and you just proved that.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:51 am

In functional companies and organizations, managers are actually expected to manage. At some point the Bill Lumbergh stereotype became people’s expectation.
That's because most middle managers are Bill Lumbergh. As humans we're not sending our best.