*OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread*

Alpha

Re: *OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread*

Post by Alpha »

These Are The Days wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:27 am I haven't said much but I'll speak my peace briefly

Vladdy coming back is probably to placate Kucherov. He loves his Ruskie bros. He's not gonna replace Palat's production. The biggest development is that we get to call our cat (yes, the the annoying AF Tinkerbell from Ocarina of Time) Navislav Namestnikoo again for 1 more year. ---just to give you an idea of how much nothingburger it is

The brass are hoping Hagel is the one who steps up to replace Palat. Whether or not he does is completely up to him but he's the guy we need to be hoping for.
How much "production" do you think Palat provided? Right around .5 PPG is the answer. He had a GREAT PLAYOFFS. .5 PPG isn't exactly "irreplaceable production". Recency bias is clouding your judgment here. Palat was a fine player. He's hardly irreplaceable. Vlady was around .35 PPG. With a TERRIBLE team.

Hagel is interesting. I wouldn't be shocked if he played on the first line, with Point and Kuch. That's where he shined in Chicago. He played along side Toews and Kane (and DeBrincat as well)...and scored a LOT of goals. He was moved down here and struggled.
Kress

Post by Kress »

The McDavid dies comment made me laugh, and I feel somewhat bad about that.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Who let the monkey pox in here? I guess we can all look forward to regurgitated Redditt takes from now on.

The new contracts for Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak will collectively increase our burden by 7.4 million next seasons.

The team is having a hard time moving Killorn because he is a UFA next season, going to have to bundle him if they want to release his cap number. They are also in the unfortunate position competing with an unusually high number of other teams that are also over the cap at this juncture of the offseason. There are only 6 teams that can swallow a +3 mil (let alone a 4,450,000) cap hit.

Even with the LTIR, we are in a hole by 320k. Hard cap, they have to move someone.

Make no mistake... we have gotten weaker.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Digital_Damage wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:27 pm Who let the monkey pox in here? I guess we can all look forward to regurgitated Redditt takes from now on.

The new contracts for Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak will collectively increase our burden by 7.4 million next seasons.

The team is having a hard time moving Killorn because he is a UFA next season, going to have to bundle him if they want to release his cap number. They are also in the unfortunate position competing with an unusually high number of other teams that are also over the cap at this juncture of the offseason. There are only 6 teams that can swallow a +3 mil (let alone a 4,450,000) cap hit.

Even with the LTIR, we are in a hole by 320k. Hard cap, they have to move someone.

Not surprising that you don't understand the maths. Ya f-ing dummy.

In 3 years, those extensions will be NOTHING against the cap. OR we can wait to extend them, when their price is MUCH higher...but I'm sure your better at cap gymnastics than the Lightning so we should probably listen to you.

Killorn being a UFA next year makes him EASIER to trade...but you don't understand that because you're...you. You don't HAVE to release him , ya mope. His contact falls off the books at the end of the year regardless. Jesus...how can one guy be so stupid. Do you really think the Bolts have to try and move him to get under the cap? I'm sure you do...it's a rhetorical question. 320k is NOTHING, It's moving a 2 way contract to the minors.

WE REPLACED AN ENTIRE LINE last year. This year, we move a .5 ppg player and Rutta. And by your logic, we've become a "weaker" team?

Make no mistake...you're still the biggest dumbfuck here.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Kress wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:24 am The McDavid dies comment made me laugh, and I feel somewhat bad about that.
And if I replaced McDavid with Digital_Dumbass?
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Alpha wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:29 am
Digital_Damage wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:27 pm Who let the monkey pox in here? I guess we can all look forward to regurgitated Redditt takes from now on.

In 3 years, those extensions will be NOTHING against the cap. OR we can wait to extend them, when their price is MUCH higher...but I'm sure your better at cap gymnastics than the Lightning so we should probably listen to you.

Killorn being a UFA next year makes him EASIER to trade...but you don't understand that because you're...you. You don't HAVE to release him , ya mope. His contact falls off the books at the end of the year regardless. Jesus...how can one guy be so stupid. Do you really think the Bolts have to try and move him to get under the cap? I'm sure you do...it's a rhetorical question. 320k is NOTHING, It's moving a 2 way contract to the minors.

WE REPLACED AN ENTIRE LINE last year. This year, we move a .5 ppg player and Rutta. And by your logic, we've become a "weaker" team?

In 3 years? What happening to next year? Keep moving the goal post to suit your narrative you mental midget. We all understand these contracts will be less of a hit 3-5 years down the road, quit saying stupid shit everyone already knows. 9 players are FA in 2023-2024, 6 More players in 2024-2025. The increased cap is moot, going to have to pay more to fill the roster. The impending rebuild is approaching.

No, moving an overpriced contract (yes Killorn is overpaid) when he is a UFA next season is a hard sell unless you are bundling it with other value. Different story if you are picking someone up that is at market value, and you plan to extend them. Did not say outright release him, said release his cap hit through a trade that includes a bundle.

Keep up dipshit the masses here leveled up while you were pulling your pud talking to yourself wondering why your takes took a shit last season.

At least things will be lively around here. That is until we all get tired of punching the village drunk because he is constantly yelling at clouds while everyone else is trying to have educated discussions, they did not rip from Redditt.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Is it me, or did DD just have a bit of an aneurysm?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Kress wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:15 pm Is it me, or did DD just have a bit of an aneurysm?
Well, he rambled on for quite a while without making anything resembling a coherent point - much less argument. Maybe he got pulled away from some sort of grand final statement by the smell of toast?
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:34 am
Alpha wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:29 am

In 3 years? What happening to next year? Keep moving the goal post to suit your narrative you mental midget. We all understand these contracts will be less of a hit 3-5 years down the road, quit saying stupid shit everyone already knows. 9 players are FA in 2023-2024, 6 More players in 2024-2025. The increased cap is moot, going to have to pay more to fill the roster. The impending rebuild is approaching.

No, moving an overpriced contract (yes Killorn is overpaid) when he is a UFA next season is a hard sell unless you are bundling it with other value. Different story if you are picking someone up that is at market value, and you plan to extend them. Did not say outright release him, said release his cap hit through a trade that includes a bundle.

Keep up dipshit the masses here leveled up while you were pulling your pud talking to yourself wondering why your takes took a shit last season.

At least things will be lively around here. That is until we all get tired of punching the village drunk because he is constantly yelling at clouds while everyone else is trying to have educated discussions, they did not rip from Redditt.
All of this bluster and bullshit only proves 3 things:

1) You don't know jack-shit about how hockey contracts/salary caps work.

2) You have NO IDEA what "fair value" is for a given player.

3) I'm so far into your dome that you can't even make a post without completely melting down. You might think I don't know anything about this subject...and if you do, that says more about you than it does me.

So first...take a deep breath. Find your happy place and embrace your ignorance. There is no shame in saying, "I don't know".

As a "rule of thumb" an (offensive) players "value" is (roughly) 1 mil per point scored. This is only a guideline. A starting point, if you will. Centers are paid a premium as are goalies. Obviously, defenders don't adhere to this guideline. Outliers like Matthews, McDavid, etc. are obviously getting paid accordingly. I thought you already knew this stuff based on how you insisted that I stop telling you shit you already know...but...your post says otherwise so I'll speak to you like a child. Cool?

Killorn (a winger) is about 4.5 mil/year. Last year, he scored about 60 points (give or take). He out-performed his contract LAST YEAR. For the entirety of his contract, he's at ABOUT 45 points per year (average), thus making his contract "market value". I'm sure you "leveled up" in my absence. You didn't know anything before so ANY improvement would count. Fuck it...I looked it up. Killorn has averaged 49.whatever points per year over the term of his contact. Guess what that means...mental midget.

Your meltdown is based on one, simple mis-understanding. You're basing your assumption on the premise that the Lightning FO has NO IDEA how to manage the salary cap. I'm going on results here...not your mis-informed opinion and the results are in: You're a fucking idiot that doesn't know whether to wind his watch or scratch his ass. JBB has done a MASTERFUL job at manipulating the cap to this point so what gives you the impression he's gonna become stupid and incompetent tomorrow?

The "re-build" will indeed be under way. In 2029.

Now kindly fuck off and let the adults speak.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:34 am ...quit saying stupid shit everyone already knows. 9 players are FA in 2023-2024
CLEARLY, you don't understand. You obviously aren't capable of differentiating between UFA's and RFA's and how that effects their contractual status (and correspondingly their worth).

Killorn, Vlady, Perry, Bellmare, Maroon, Cole, Elliot.

These guys are 1 year deals. They are JAG's. They can and will be replaced by more JAG's. You're making it sound like these guys are irreplaceable center-pieces! These will be replaced by vet min guys that will produce at (roughly) the same level.

You also FAIL in another aspect. You're ASUMING that NO PROSPECTS are capable of making this team...at least for the next 2 years. Says who? Fortier? Koepka? The Lightning are SO BAD at drafting that there are NO PROSPECTS that can make this team. Ever.

You're just a sad excuse for a "fan". You're uneducated and ignorant. You say words and...things...that have no meaning or substance or...point.

Sorry for telling you shit that "everyone already knows". Other than you.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Had to wait two days but that worked just beautifully... Not one nonsensical diatribe but two!

I especially like the "1 million per point scored" nonsense. Since is only a "guideline"... but does not apply to Defensemen, Centers, Goalies... or superstars... or.... Prospects...

Guess he forgot the "." somewhere...

Just remember kids... this is the clown that said the Boltz would have a hard time making the playoffs last season. Now he is a superfan! LoL!
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:12 pm Just remember kids... this is the clown that said the Boltz would have a hard time making the playoffs last season. Now he is a superfan! LoL!
Feel free to quote where I EVER mentioned that we'd have a "hard time making the playoffs". You can't because I never said that.

I'll tell you what I DID say, though:
Alpha wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:40 amAnd that's gonna be a problem because of:

The Florida Panthers.

That team is f-ing LOADED. They have the depth we've had for the last few years (and deeper). The guys they cut will be hoovered by other teams. They are THAT good. If their GK is "decent", they'll run away with the division. And it won't be close. It'll be interesting to see which team (TB/BOS/TOR) misses the playoffs, this year. My guess is BOS but it wouldn't shock me if it was TOR OR us.

Hoping we find another diamond in the rough!

GO BOLTS!
Ya fucking twit.

You "read" what you want to "read" because you're a retard. I know you don't have any original thoughts or opinions. You just want to put me on blast...and that's cool. We expect nothing less from you. The bar is set so low here, you can't help but trip over it.

You might notice that I was right about the Panties...I'm sure you'll pull some lame "2nd round sweep" take because it's low hanging fruit and that's where you live but the fact remains, the Panthers were the best regular season team and the Atlantic wasn't particularly close.

This is gonna hurt but the point remains: I was absolutely right about the Panthers. And that take was at the BEGINNING of the season.

Feel free to come up with some ACTUAL hockey insight as opposed to flaming me. You won't but it'll be amusing to watch you try.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Can someone else please post here? I'm tired of slapping this moron around. For shit's sake, I take no pleasure in embarrassing this clown but he's bringing it on himself. And he doesn't know when to stop. He just keeps digging.

I'm actually embarrassed FOR him.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Its rolling down the hill in a barrel...

So Nancy, which of those teams missed the playoffs?

Not to mention this post you are so proud of was AFTER I said the problem with Florida was their netminder and defense. Just for you to regurgitate later.

Such a loaded Panthers team that they needed serious puck luck to get by the depleted Ovechkin's and got curb stomped the next round AFTER they sold the farm at the trade deadline resulting in a totally unbalanced team. Something that is a fundamental in playoff hockey.

You fought tooth and nail when I said TOR, TB and BOS were better teams. You could debate Bos (even though they took Carolina to 7)... but ya TB and TOR were better teams.

Such insight... Such originality... Such brilliance...

Can someone else please post here? I'm tired of slapping this moron around. For shit's sake, I take no pleasure in embarrassing this clown but he's bringing it on himself. And he doesn't know when to stop. He just keeps digging.

I'm actually embarrassed FOR him.

Begging for a white knight... is just delightful.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Digital_Damage wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:26 am Its rolling down the hill in a barrel...

So Nancy, which of those teams missed the playoffs?

Not to mention this post you are so proud of was AFTER I said the problem with Florida was their netminder and defense. Just for you to regurgitate later.

Such a loaded Panthers team that they needed serious puck luck to get by the depleted Ovechkin's and got curb stomped the next round AFTER they sold the farm at the trade deadline resulting in a totally unbalanced team. Something that is a fundamental in playoff hockey.

You fought tooth and nail when I said TOR, TB and BOS were better teams. You could debate Bos (even though they took Carolina to 7)... but ya TB and TOR were better teams.

Such insight... Such originality... Such brilliance...

Here's the thing about having opinions...something you lack, in spades:

Sometimes...you're wrong. I was wrong about the 4th team in the Atlantic making the playoffs. I was right about the Panthers.

The difference between us (other than my better looks and intelligence), is that you don't go out on the limb. You prefer to criticize OTHER'S opinions as opposed to having your own. You're a coward and pussy. You're afraid to have an original take or opinion.

Your "take" on the Panther's goaltending wasn't particularly ground-breaking. 28 or so teams in the league have that same issue. CALLING a Panther's dominant season was.

Give credit where it's due. Anything else makes you look insecure and Beta.

But that's where you live so...
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

I lack opinions? Are you really going to try and use the "I'm glue your rubber defense"? What are you 8 years old?

You were not right about the Panthers... they got destroyed by a division rival. Almost bumped off by the bottom seed in the conference.

I have plenty of original takes, the difference between yours and mine is that mine are not someone else's and in most cases turn out to be facts given time.

If my takes and opinions are so unoriginal... quit regurgitating them.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:17 pm
You were not right about the Panthers... they got destroyed by a division rival. Almost bumped off by the bottom seed in the conference.
Dude. They won the President's Cup. 58-18-6. Yes, they got bumped out of the playoffs - like many good teams do - but you cannot possibly try to defend that position.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:17 pm I lack opinions? Are you really going to try and use the "I'm glue your rubber defense"? What are you 8 years old?

I have plenty of original takes, the difference between yours and mine is that mine are not someone else's and in most cases turn out to be facts given time.

If my takes and opinions are so unoriginal... quit regurgitating them.

I'll also point out - as a disinterested observer who knows less about hockey than either of you - that your posts have degenerated into incomprehensible word salad. You're just spouting out catch phrases without any meaning. Step your game up.

*backs back into the corner to watch the next round*
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Kress wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:23 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:17 pm
Dude. They won the President's Cup. 58-18-6. Yes, they got bumped out of the playoffs - like many good teams do - but you cannot possibly try to defend that position.
You honestly believe that they were a better team than Tampa, Toronto and possibly Boston? There's a reason people say the regular season is mostly pointless and the real season does not start until the playoffs.

Edit:
NM... you tipped your hand with that last post. Understand your game now.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:44 pm
Kress wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:23 pm

You honestly believe that they were a better team than Tampa, Toronto and possibly Boston? There's a reason people say the regular season is mostly pointless and the real season does not start until the playoffs.

That's the dumbest take ever. So the players aren't trying to win before then? So we don't even need the regular season? We just throw our presumptive favorites in there?

Ask Stamkos if he wants to win a regular season game. Ask Ovechkin if he gives a shit. I dare you.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Edit:

If you can explain this in any comprehensible way, I'll tag out. Go!
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Kress wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:49 pm

That's the dumbest take ever. So the players aren't trying to win before then? So we don't even need the regular season? We just throw our presumptive favorites in there?

Ask Stamkos if he wants to win a regular season game. Ask Ovechkin if he gives a shit. I dare you.
I get that you already admitted that you are new to this.

But this is not MLB (30 teams, 8 Spots) or Pre 2020 NFL (32 teams, 12 spots) (adding another playoff team was stupid)

NHL (32 teams... 16 spots). If you go .590 P% you are assured a spot. You don't even have to win a game to earn points. Prior to 2017 it was even less of an issue. (30 teams 16 spots)

BTW Ovechkin does not care about winning at this stage in his career, he only cares about the most goals. Something the Caps are supporting.
Last edited by Digital_Damage on Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Kress wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:53 pm
Edit:

If you can explain this in any comprehensible way, I'll tag out. Go!
Stir, Stir, Stir
Kress

Post by Kress »

Kress wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:53 pm in any comprehensible way
Kress

Post by Kress »

Stamkos just about hockey pucked some dude's leg off. Holy cow. A typical Stammer slapshot, from his "office," and the guy was about 10 feet in front of him.

BLAM!

That's gonna leave a mark.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

We look awful tonight.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Rocker wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:07 pm We look awful tonight.
We are no longer a top five team, but still a top 10.

I'm amazed by the Rangers performing so poorly.

San Jose are going to be sellers.

Boston just punching everyone in the mouth is annoying.

The Devis have benefitted from a creampuff schedule so far.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

How about the Panthers?!

1-0
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Well Stanley Cup is coming back to the state of Florida.. sort of

This is one of the greatest post season runs I’ve ever seen